Tuesday, April 18, 2006

More reading material

I have added a few more books to the existing pile on my reading table. I will review these in detail as and when I get done, but I thought an advance notice will be of interest to some of you.
  • Harvesting Profits on Wall Street: by Ron Muhlenkamp: Reading Muhlenkamp has always been enlightening, compared to a number of other managers who make routine appearances in various money magazines. The book also has something else going for it - great layout and general presentation.
  • Investing in nanotechnology: A no-hype book that catalogs various nanotech companies - pure plays, as well as potential beneficiaries in other areas. I have started making some long-term investments in this sector.
  • Fooled by randomness - The hidden role of chance in life and the markets: by Nassim Taleb. I have mentioned this being on my to-read list before.
  • Vagabonding: The uncommon guide to the art of long-term world travel by Rolf Potts : While not directly related to investing, I believe that there is nothing like travel to learn and open up your minds. I have made some posts before about using my road-trips for making investment choices. This book, and the next one, are also somewhat philosophical in nature. An exhilarating book - I was half-way through on my first sitting!
  • The Art of Travel by Alain De Botton: A travel and philosophy classic.
Previous reading update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home