Monday, January 30, 2006

On my bookshelf

In an earlier post, I had named Hedgehogging as my next read. I am half-way through the book. It is a good read if you want to know what raising money and then meeting performance expectations is like. While the author is skilled at name-dropping (and place-dropping!), he is still humble and honest when it comes to admitting investing mistakes. That itself makes the book worth reading.

The final chapter on the not so well-known aspects of Keynes' life is a fun read.

Along with Andy Kessler's Running Money, this should be read by anyone planning to manage other people's money.

Also sitting on my shelf -
  • Inside the FDA by Fran Hawthorne
  • All about dividend investing by Don Schreiber.
I am also planning to add these to my shelf shortly -
  • Ahead of the Curve: A Commonsense Guide to Forecasting Business and Market Cycles by Joseph Ellis,
  • Fischer Black and the Revolutionary Idea of Finance,
  • My life as a quant - Reflections on physics and finance by Emanuel Derman
  • Kellogg on Biotechnology - Thriving through integration by Alicia Loffler
  • Practical Speculation by Victor Niederhoffer
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home