Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Another defense acquisition

I named Engineered Support Systems (EASI) as a takeover target twice in this blog, most recently in this post.

It finally happened last week. DRS Technologies (DRS) is acquiring the defense contractor. I did not own EASI shares, having not found a good buying point. DRS seemed an unlikely buyer. In fact, I think that DRS itself is definitely a target. Keep an eye on it and buy some shares on any sharp pullback.

A few other targets I mentioned in that earlier post have since become attractive. Among them, Innovative Solutions and Support (ISSC), Acxiom (ACXM), Digimarc (DMRC) and OSI Systems (OSIS). I will be buying a few if they remain at or around current prices when I next get a chance to add to my portfolio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home