Thursday, August 04, 2005

Obscene!

In my post on the recent Pacificare takeover by United Health, I had said that top executives will likely get away with rewarding themselves amounts they don't deserve.

Reports now indicate that a handful of executives may make a cool $250 million from this deal! Coming from an industry where bosses likely are aware of the masses without access to healthcare, I wonder how these guys can rationalize such greed.

Having been a Pacificare customer before and experienced what it is like to be at the receiving end (!) of their service, I can definitely confirm that they don't deserve even $2.5 million.

Given that a good portion of revenue in this industry comes via government programs like medicare, the Feds need to look deeper, though I see no chance of that happening.

We need a thousand Spitzers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home