Sunday, August 28, 2005

Jill on the block

J Jill (JILL), the women's retailer, is reported to be looking for a buyer. I missed mentioning it on my earlier post on Tommy Hilfiger.

I own a small number of J Jill bought around $12.5/share. With the shares trading at around $17 any premium is bound to be small.

A few others that should have been listed on that earlier post :
  • Charlotte Russe (CHIC) : Another specialty retailer, to young women. I own a somewhat large number of shares bought around $9. The shares now trade at ~$14. Still worth buying in small numbers. Strong insider buying at $11.
  • Cache (CACH): Apparel, handbag and other accessories' retailer. I don't own any, but will be watching for a big pullback.
  • Russell (RML): Athletic apparel/footwear maker. I don't own any, but would be a buyer at the current price.
  • Playtex (PYX): Mostly selling feminine care products. I bought a few recently, and will be adding slowly around current price. Definitely a takeover target. Buy on a big dip.
  • Deckers Outdoors (DECK): Makers of the celebrity-adopted Ugg women's boots. The shares have pulled back sharply from their highs and are worth buiying in small numbers now. Buy aggressively on a large pullback. If the Ugg charm survives much longer, this will be taken out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home