Saturday, December 18, 2004

Everybody is talking about it!

One blockbuster week and every business/investing publication is talking about a coming 2005 boom in M&A. I have on my desk the latest issues of 4/5 business mags and most of them cite M&A as one focus for investing in the next year.

Not sure if this consensus is good. Putting my contrarian hat, I would say that this has pushed back the merger binge by a few months atleast!

I have been bulking up on targets for close to 2 years now and plan to continue doing the same as long as required. I still feel that when the M&A surge comes, its intensity will surprise most people. The desperation on the part of buyers in growing, and it will have to materialize at some point in the form of increased activity on the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home